How? Follow these tips:
1. Master basic but important concept
2. Memorize important facts and processes
3. Practise past-year SPM papers
4. Practise all trial papers
5. Useful information and guideline
Master basic but important concepts top
- You must at least know how to write correct chemical/ionic/half equation, do simple calculation and understand basic chemical concept likes Mole Concept.
- Note that there are only a few types of calculations in Chemistry, so please master all the calculations.
- Try to learn them yourselves reading the reference books first. If you really couldn’t understand them, you should seek help from your class teacher.
- Memorize the colours of chemical substances, understand the
salt preparation process…
- It works effectively although some might argue that memorizing
facts is the wrong way of learning.
- However, I strongly recommend you to understand each concept
and fact before you start memorizing them.
- Learning Chemistry becomes more exciting and enjoyable using
Practise past-year SPM papers top
- Past-year SPM questions will repeat from time to time because of the limited scope covered in SPM Chemistry syllabus.
- Practice makes perfect. Try every question and learn from your mistakes
- For essay questions, get the marking schema from your teachers so that you can see how the marks are allocated and which points or keywords deserve full mark, etc.
- You can either exchange SPM trial papers with your friends
from other states or get them online through certain websites.
- Try Maktab Rendah Sains Mara (MRSM) SPM trial papers too!
- Sometimes, one or more exact or similar questions will come out in the actual SPM Chemistry paper.
- After SPM trial examinations, try to get other states’
SPM trial papers and practise them.
- CHECKLIST FOR SCORING GRADE A+ IN CHEMISTRY SPM (Program Intervensi Chemistry 2007)
- List of important command/task words, with examples
(Program Intervensi Chemistry 2007)
The words used in examination questions often indicate what sort of answers
- Common mistakes made by candidates AND Answering Techniques
- CAlCULATION IN CHEMISTRY SPM
There are only a few types of calculations in Chemistry SPM, you can master
all the calculations by doing more practice.
Important Basic Concept .. you must master it.
1. Symbol of Element.
The symbol of elements is the basic of Chemistry.
YOU have to master it in order to excel in chemistry.
Therefore I CHALLENGE you to memorise the symbol of the FIRST 20 ELEMENTS.
Click to enlarge
Download the following document and try it.
3. Writing balanced Chemical Equation